Re: [nafex] grapes

It CAN be done organically, but it really helps to have the right varieties.
 Bill Russell - what are your thoughts on varieties, since you are in his
locale?
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

----------
>From: "mike tomlinson" <tugger@netreach.net>
>To: nafex@egroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] grapes
>Date: Sun, Dec 17, 2000, 5:13 PM
>

>I plan to put in a small vinyard next spring on a south facing slope
>in zone 6 in SE PA. Temperature extremes go from minus 5 degrees or
>so to 100 degrees with adequate rain fall and lots of humidity. Total
>space may be 1/4 acre.
>
>I grow apples, keep an organic garden, make hard cider and now would
>like to branch out into small scale wine making.
>
>What varieties should I consider?  Can it be done organically? Any
>suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Happy holidays to all.
>
>Mike

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977102708/