[nafex] Ammonia

Hello,

I was just setting up an aquarium for my kids, and I needed
to add some Biozyme to help seed the bacteria that helps
reduce and maintain the ammonia level in the aquarium.
Ammonia is produced by fish and dead plants.

Always curious, I had to look into it further.

The bacteria called Nirosomonas obtains its energy from the
oxidation of ammonia, turning it into nitrites.  Then a
second type of bacteria called Nitrobacter converts the
nitrite into nitrate (fertilizer?).

Would these bacteria help remove ammonia from my aging
manure pile?  Could I "seed" my manure with these bacteria
and have it any earlier?

Possibly seeding the soil around trees that dogs frequent
could help convert the ammonia they leave behind.  Wonder if
this stuff would work on the dead spots in my lawn made by
my female dog?

Just more of Lon's beneficial bacteria.

Just curiuos.  Anyone know if there are gardening
applications?

Regards,
Tom

--