Re: [nafex] Akebia anyone?

Actually, the Akebia I've had didn't really have much of ANY taste - just a
bland, slight sweetness.  Combine that with the mucus-like texture of the
"pulp" and it's not something I can envision a lot of uses for.  If it had
some sort of taste, it might be like black currants, and be good with some
cooking/blending with other things, but this stuff just isn't that
interesting.  I suppose it was used more because of a lack of actual bad
taste and from sheer necessity than any other reason I can think of.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom  See new additions to the site, Feb. 2001,
plus word on my grape book.