Re: [nafex] Why Yahoo?, Why nafex unlisted?, etc.

Greg Miller wrote:
. . .

> For those get animated, flashing, or other types of messages, time
> to turn off those bells and whistes in Outlook.  <g>.  I use plain
> vanilla email, and there is indeed beauty in simplicity.

Greg, Thanks for all your work.  But I use plain vanilla Netscape (free)
to get these messages, and I occasionally get animated flashing ads.  I
do have the choice of not viewing attachments in the message, but
somehow, a lot of the legitimate messages come through as attachments,
and then I don't get any of those, either.  Also, even if I chose not to
view attachments, those animated things take a long time to download,
and it takes longer to fetch my mail.  I don't suppose you could pay a
little bit to avoid animation and links??

Lately, I've just been getting a text ad for "hooked on phonics, which
is pretty unobjectionable.  I think the last days of egroups (onelist?
who can keep track) were worse for offensive ads.

Outlook is too dangerous - you need serious virus protection if you use
it, and even then, you run a significant risk of problems.  Partly, it
is that Outlook is too "integrated" with the rest of Windows, but partly
it is just that monocultures are susceptible to epidemics.

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM