[nafex] Re: Exploring Not Quite Cherries

This may be the case where two different plants have the same common
name (hence the utility of the Latin):

On the St. Lawrence Online catalog under bush cherries -
Dwarf Ground Cherry -- Prunus fruticosa

Though I agree if you had asked me about "Ground cherries" I would
have thought of the the tomatillo related plant.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., Naomi Ann Counides <beefalo@r...> wrote:
> Ground cherries are not at all like cherries.  They are very close
> tomatillos.  They are also rampant self seeders.  I enjoy them but
if you are
> looking for something like a cherries, this is not it.
> Naomi Counides
> Associated Beefalo of Idaho

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM