Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 4:54 PM
Subject: [nafex] split bark
 I have several 5-6 year old semi dwarf apple trees in my orchard that
apparently developed vertical splits in their bark which seem to be
getting worse as the season progresses.  The splits range  from 3-12
inches long and the bark has curled back around the trunks exposing
the under layer.
Two questions: What do I do to cure/preserve the tree? and What
caused it so I can prevent it from happening again?
Thanks
Mike

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Check out great fares at Orbitz!