Re: [nafex] FW: Membership

The Atlantic magazine had an article about this a year or so ago.  No
one knows quite why, but people just don't join groups as much as they
used to.  Probably some combination of TV and the overworked dual income
lifestyle.  Have you ever seen the figures on how many hours the average
American spends watching TV?  Doesn't leave much time for other
hobbies.  I've seen predictions that people who telecommute may become
"joiners" because they don't get the social intercourse of an office
job, but I don't really see that many people working from home.

I found NAFEX basically because I was looking for something like it.  I
joined the Backyard Fruit Growers Association first, before realizing
how little a New Englander would get out of that group.  I probably got
the application from Applesource.

I love NAFEX.  I love the information and the encouragement.  I get a
kick out of picking my raspberries and munching on my currants.  I get
excited watching my little grafts grow.  NAFEX has helped me a lot, and
I hope it survives a long time to help me and people like me.

Ginda Fisher