[nafex] Re: urine

In 1992 we got the city to deliver us 2 whole dump truck loads of leaves,
that we then dug into a garden about 30'x 60'.  The leaves tied up all the
N, so that plants refused to grow.  They turned yellow and sat there.  I
won't buy fertilizer, so we put a bucket in the bathroom to pee in.  I'd
dilute it by half, and ladle it onto the plants, which would then green up
and grow for a week or two.  There is plenty of N in human urine.
    Some doctors say that if you take vitamins you merely produce expensive
urine.  This is partly true, as the bright yellow from B vitamins is your
vitamins going down the drain.  The brightest color is from B1, whereas B3
(my mood elevator of choice) produces a straw color.  B1 in particular is
recommended to make plants grow well.  So "expensive" urine is even better
fertilizer than the cheap stuff.  Manure, urine, and compost have been found
to contain many complex substances that plants can use, with results like
enhanced flavor or color or disease resistance.   Donna