[nafex] Dewberries

Dewberries are members of the genus Rubus, so they're closely related to
both blackberries and raspberries.  They are, however, quite different in
their growth habit - they are a 'running' vine - at least in my experience,
they have no ability, whatsoever, to support themselves to any degree, most
just run along the ground, occasionally climbing up any neighboring
supportive vegetation.  While they are thorny, they're typically not so
formidable as those on BBs or RBs - almost 'fuzzy' little thorns.

The berries are usually mature earlier than BBs around here, and are
typically sweeter and  juicier than their wild BB counterparts.  There are
a few named selections - "Austin", and, I think, "Young"(though it may be
that the Youngberry is a dewberry/blackberry hybrid - I had some planted at
one point in time - they just looked like a dewberry to me; don't recall
what happened to them, but they're not there anymore.).
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY