From: del stubbs [mailto:pinewoodel@hotmail.com]
Sent: August 23, 2001 12:08 PM
To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [nafex] grafting

1. In mid July a generous Nafexer gave me a stick of honeycrisp that had
been in the fridge a long while.....grafted it onto m.prunifolia July 15 and

yesterday it showed 8" growth already. I'll no longer worry if all my
grafting isn't done by May 1.

2. Same fellow gave me  a stick of Zestar (previously zesta) the same day
that had been laying out behind the shed in the scrap pile for some time.
Got grafts to stick from it also, didn't think it was possible. 2 of the
grafts are on wild hawthorne.

3. Just finished bud grafting various plums in the field. Many were quite
small caliper (including the rootstock). So instead of doing the normal T
cut and inserting the bud, I took a shaving down the rootstock stem, leaving

it attached. Then cut off the top third of the 'shaving' and inserted the
bud behind it. The 'shaving' held the bud nicely in place while beginning to

wrap it.Surely this isn't a new method, what would it be called?   Sure
worked easier for small stock.  Mn. Del

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=178320.1566800.3122525.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050419
41:HM/A=766844/R=0/*http://www.fastweb.com/ib/yahoo-57f>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=178320.1566800.3122525.1261774/D=egroupmai
l/S=1705041941:HM/A=766844/rand=437505443>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM