[nafex] Irradiation of Mail & Plant Fallout

Since the US Postal Service has decided to buy cobalt-gamma ray irradiation
equipment to sanitize the mail, we plant people have a big problem.  Seeds
and live plants exposed to this irradiation will be altered genetically.
Several seed companies have already contacted their elected representatives
about this.  What can we do as individuals?  Should be we be worried?  I am.
Does this mean that seeds (which are light in weight) will now have to be
sent via UPS or Fed-EX at much higher rates?  How does this effect an
already struggling garden industry?  Let the discussion begin.  And, email
your elected representatives about your concerns.
Doreen Howard

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gi0tnD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM