[nafex] baked Bramnley's

Hélène,

I also tried to make a baked apple dessert with Bramleys quite a few years ago.

I made up the filling as you mentioned and cored and filled the two big apples.  I
put them in the microwave.

When I opened the door after cooking, I was astonished ... my two big green apples
were rings of skin about 1/2" high with the filling and apple puree all over the
rings!

So much for Bramley's as a baking apple ... you need a variety that has a big
apple which holds it's shape after cooking e.g. Jonagold

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase  email:  wchase@interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove,  B. C.,  Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
Home web page  http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML

Hi Mark,
Bramley is supposed to be a green apple. I had a visitor a few years ago who gave
me what she claimed was the favorite recipe for Bramleys in England. A baked
apple. You remove the core of the apple and stuff the inside space with brown
sugar, nuts, raisins, butter and whatever else comes to mind and bake it in the
oven.
Hélène, zone 3