From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [nafex] are Prolific pawpaws slow to bear or  is Overleese fast?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:59:25 -0400

I have a Prolific pawpaw I planted maybe 6 years ago and an Overleese
planted three years ago.  The Overleese has a few blossom buds going into
this winter, but the Prolific never has.  The Prolific is much larger (6+ ft
vs. 3+ ft) and is in identical soil & sun.  The complicating factor is the
Prolific was broken its first winter and, although it looked like the new
growth was above the graft, I didn't discover the problem until later and
wasn't absolutely certain the growth was above the graft.  I now wonder if
what I think is a Prolific is actually a "seedling", explaining the delay.
Bruce Wittchen
West Hartford, CT

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp

Monitoring Service trial