[nafex] Repair graft Apple

Hi,

Last spring I had to do 4 repair grafts to small diameter (1-1.5") apple
trees.  As the girdling was at the soil line I just grafted new M7
rootstocks alongside the tree (inarching).

Three of four did fine, but almost at the end of the season on one of the
inarched M7 roostocks, the bark turned white, and I am going to assume
will die.

Is there hope that next season I will get another shot to save the tree
with a new inarched M7 roostock?  What would have caused the bark of the
inarched M7 to go go white? (from soil to graft union)

Thanks,
Tom

-

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95