Re: [nafex] Fall transplanted trees/drought

I have the same problem.  Usually, I can put the hoses away well before
I have to worry about them freezing up.  I've already lost at least one
plant to the dry fall (because I wasn't paying close enough attention)
and am worried about some others.  I also shook some blocks of ice out
of a hose that I guess didn't drain well enough this weekend.

We're supposed to have rain Wednesday.  I hope it comes.

Christopher Mauchline wrote:

> Here in SE PA, we've now gone 7 weeks w/out appreciable rainfall
> (which is unusual for us in the fall).  I have transplanted some
> trees this fall (I've now stopped transplanting more trees because
> I'm concerned about the drought).
>
> My question is this:  Usually for fall transplants I just water at
> planting and then let nature do its job.  However w/ this drought,
> how often would you recommend to water the trees?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Mauchline
> SE PA, zone 6

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95