From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: paw paws, critter proof?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:23:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Dumb question...

Could paw paw be used to make a water (like willow water), that could be
sprayed with a sticker/spreader to make an organic pest spray and or deer
deterent?

Also wonder about Oxcyllic (sp?) acid in rhubarb.  I know that an old
nicotine spray was made from tobbaco for small scale insect control.
Could paw paw and rhubarb be used in a similar fashion?

Just curious.

--

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 redherring@tnaccess.com wrote:

 > Pawpaw foliage is toxic, that's why they'd been looking into them as a
 > source for anticancer drugs.  There was a place we used to camp out, I'd
 > always warn the kids not to cut a pawpaw for a hotdog roasting stick. The
 > only thing I've ever seen eat pawpaw foliage was, you guessed it, a
 > specialized bug, I forget if it girdled the branches or just went for the
 > leaves.  Donna
 >

 > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

 > 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting
 > and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, Michigan
gc_nofs@hotmail.com

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!