[NAFEX] quince rust, yuck

I have a 5 year old boyers quince which is developing
classic cankers and fruit/foliage signs of quince or
perhaps cedar apple rust (I have no idea where the
junipers are, but we cut a large hedge down 2 years
ago).  my question is--1)in order to save me from
constant spraying with fungicides would I be smart in
topgrafting a disease resistant variety of quince onto
the health trunk  2) does anyone know if the new
Russian quinces are rust resistant?