Re: [NAFEX] <no subject>

ed, thanks for this...  so to be clear about this.  are you saying but the berries in a big container (not in a fruit bag), pour the boiling water over them. then drain the fluid thru a strainer.  how long do you steep this before you separate?   Id love to find a more successful way to extract since using paint thinner to clean the glass wear is definitely not an option for me.  mIEKAL

Ribes60@aol.com wrote:

The "green gunk" comes from the berries, when they are crushed in making wine. It it very hard to clean. I found that mineral spirits or paint thinner would work. The best thing is to avoid it. I now strip the berries from the heads and pout boiling water over them to extract  the juice. Seems to work much better.

Ed
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA 17857