Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple rootstock propagating

This has been done with rooting hormone and heated bins to raise the soil temperature at East Malling Research in England per Bruce MacDonald's book Practical Woody Plant Propagation For Nursery Growers.  We tried it at Willamette Nurseries with very limited success, maybe 10%.

Devin Cooper

del stubbs wrote:

I don't recall this being discussed......is there a way to propagate
rootstocks from the dormant cuttings  that are inevitable from  bench
grafting?  I have a bag of m26 sticks that are 4 to 10 " long (that are from
grafting for a southern Mn. friend) also I have a few bud 9 and renetka
cuttings in the fridge awaiting the possibility of a new life.  Any one done
this?
Yes, it's still snowing. Del

Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3