Re: reply to Wytze on corn pollination

Hi Wytze,
Both the PCR methods that measures  minute traces of DNA and the ELISA  method  that measures proteins along with newer more sensitive protein measurements  should push the level  of detected genetic pollution to less than 1 in a million. The problem, to me seems to be the food scientists and their bureaucrats  who seem incapable of  thinking through the long term consequences , particularly the speed with which  a few flowering plants can spread their transgenes far and wide. One has only to look at the canola problem in western Canada  to see the hazard of  fatuous bureaucrats and their political mouthpieces.
Sincerely, Joe

geno@ZAP.A2000.NL wrote:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the support to push it further down. Personally I would
like to see it at 0,0%. Do you know how low the LDL is at present?
We may need a few years of testing before it can be established
what percentage would be low enough to make sure the harvest
does not end up above 0,9%?

wytze