Re: [compost_tea] Re: SuperThrive?

Hi elprune

I have been experimenting with alfala pellets and mollasses.  I found I was getting a lot of baterial action with just these and no compost.  If you look in the April archives you will see my messages and comments from Elaine and Jeff.   I am just getting started so I have no "data" to give you other than anecdotal info in my messages.

Here is a site that discusses an anearobic alfalafa tea  http://www.nurserysite.com/clubs/peninsular/tea.html

Jason

elprune wrote:
It reportedly contains the plant growth hormone Triacontanol which
can be extracted from Alfalfa meal.

Had any experience brewing Alfala?

--- In compost_tea@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff@g...>
wrote:
> I believe Super Thrive is unfermented soy bean extract. It has lots
of great nitrogen, simple proteins for microbes.