RE: [compost_tea] Compost Tea for Potatoes

Hello Elaine,

Funny, I tried calling and e-mailing Jason Kimm toady.  Makes sense that these people don't want a bunch of people calling all the time, I know I wouldn't.

I thought you were working directly with Oscar and Solamen when they did the trial?  They did say that they think it would work, just that it didn't in the trial they were involved with.

We are working with an EPM ETB-22, a REAL brewer (I think).  Unfortunately, we could not do a fall application of compost tea due to the timing of the funding from SARE.  Definitely will consider for next years trial.

No, we have not tested the tea yet.  But we are definitely planning on it.  I have been talking to Paul Wagner and we should have our first tea tested next week.  Of course we can not afford to have every tea tested, but we are planning to test multiple times over the summer.

Can you recommend a good foliar compost tea recipe for potatoes???

Thanks

Matthew Ryan
Research Technician
The Rodale Institute