Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re; Why activate the compost?

Dan - Have you by chance used saponin and fish hydrolysate in the same brew?  I wonder if the oil in the FH might cancel some of the foam from saponin.  Also, I've only found a "food quality" yucca extract for a source of saponin and it has sodium benzoate as a preservative which means it shouldn't be used, right?

Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: lmvine
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 5:53 AM
Subject: [compost_tea] Re: Re; Why activate the compost?

David, I agree. I got rich fungal growth with both Organic Gem and
Dramm Liquid Fish in activation tests.  Dan

--- In compost_tea@yahoogroups.com, "David Loring" <dloring3@c...>
wrote:
> Ray - I have found that fish hydrolysate grows fungi on almonst
anything  . . . anything that is that still has enough undecomposed
material for fungi to grow on.......

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor