[compost_tea] snowflakes

Hi all

Just finished my third run on my new machine -1100 litter tank with air blower. I get excellent extraction and aeration.
I'm using a highly fungal compost (SFI: active fungal bm = 72.2, total fungal bm = 2626 ug/g). Food added: 1kg soluble kelp + 4 litres fulvic acid. Begin Temp 30 C, end temp 24 C. @ 25 hrs. Tea is destined for a soil drench. Any comments on this recipe are welcomed.

Post brewing i collected 1 liter for observation. After a minute or so I noticed an accumulation of fine white particles floating on the surface. They looked like little "snowflakes". I'm yet to get a microscope but under X10 handlens these snowflakes certainly appear to be strands of fungi sticking together (maybe 1-2mm in length). Are my snowflakes a figment of my imagination or are they the real deal?

anthony

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor