[compost_tea] Salt Water in CT?

I have just read the book Sea Energy Agriculture by Dr. Maynard
Murray (d. 1983). A physician and physiologist, he studied the
properties of ocean water for 40 years, concluding it was the key
ingredient in restoring mineral deficient soils (ocean water contains
90-odd minerals). His experimental vs. control tests on plants and
animals yielded impressive results. He used sea water two ways:
direct application to soil and evaporation yielding mineral residue
which he applied to soil.

My, and everyone's, first reaction would be, What about the negative
impact of salt? He says that soil microbial activity does the same
thing to ocean salt as to the other minerals -- transforms it from
inorganic to organic so that it doesn't harm plants. He states in his
book that the primary purpose of the plant kingdom is to be a conduit
of minerals in the soil to the human body. Interesting.

Question: What about mixing sea water in with CT in the brewing cycle
in limited amounts? Impact on the critters? Other
advantages/disadvantages?

William K.

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.