Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] spraying during bloom-grapes

Laura, Dan, Elaine, et al--

I have read on one of these lists that it is not a
good practice to spray CT at bloom because it has some
sort of adverse effect on the fruit set.

Does anyone have details on this or an explanation as
to what that would be so?

My vines are looking pretty good this year.  I've been
spraying about 1x per week.  My recipes have been
mostly fungal, using a combination of Alaska Humus and
home grown vermicompost.    Occasionally I see a very
few leaves with some black rot type spots.

The Chambourcin, which has a reputation for being very
susceptible to black rot, looks excellent, no spots
there at all.

And thanks to Laura on the organic molasses
source--got some.

Dorothy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor