Re: [compost_tea] Mixed

Bill. of course the reason for terminology is to avoid presenting CT as a drug.  It is rather a natural condition that plants need for good health.  Kinda of a balance in nature.  Like without cats mice would become a nuisance.  How to word the peach leaf curl?  I my case the curl quit growing on new leaves if I sprayed fequently with CT,  added it to the soil and in general gave the little tree the care it needed.  And - the weather changed to dry conditions.  Will the curl come back next year?   I'm going to keep CT applied more often.  I'll let you know next year.

Now that I have started using my own brewer and spray system and have it here handy I find it much easier to make frequent applications.  My plants are showing the results.  I was letting our CT service come once in a while.  I should have scheduled it more fequently.   Having my own lets me apply it more often.  Bob

Halstead <halstead@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
Re. terminology. Re. Peach leaf curl I said the lesions d--. Informed that word should not be used.Now this is what as a practicle person I observed.No trails!Can I use the term Cured /CT is curative?

Can plants poisonous to man /animals etc be put in compost heaps?.ie Ragwort. Fox Glove, Rhubarb leaves, etc.

I mulch with straw around  my trees and soft fruit and so a fair portion of the CT spray falls on this mulch. Are the B/F. in the CT going to 'work' on the mulch?

Bill H.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor