Re: [compost_tea] Digest Number 361

Don't have time to find the person working on roadsides, hope she's
watching.

>RETURN OF THE NATIVE PLANTS
>Picture the side of a highway, and what probably comes to mind are
>weeds, litter, and (ugh) road kill.  But for Kirk Henderson, a
>program manager with Iowa's Integrated Roadside Vegetation Management
>Program and this week's Grist diarist, roadways are a hotbed of
>native plant restoration activities.  In 1989, Iowa passed a bill
>limiting the use of herbicides on roadsides, requiring instead that
>they be "preserved, planted, and maintained to be safe, visually
>interesting, ecologically integrated, and useful for many purposes."
>That's a tall order, but Henderson's more than up to the task; read
>about his roadside escapades, only on the Grist Magazine website.
>
>only in Grist:  Another roadside attraction -- a week in the life of
>Kirk Henderson, Integrated Roadside Vegetation Management Program
><http://www.gristmagazine.com/dearme/henderson063003.asp?source=daily>
>

>Ann Lamb

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM