Re: [compost_tea] NOFC - Compost Tea

Hi Judi  110F !  Not the coolest place to be.  If the water is that temp, not good.  If the water starts much cooler, say 75F and it is an air driven system like you are using the temp of the water may stay ok cool due to evaporation.  If the water warms to above 85 F I wuld look for ice to cool it down before running the brew.

Your recipe looks good  What is Azormite?   Bob

Judi Stewart <js@olympus.net> wrote:

Our club was on a field trip yesterday.  At one of our stops we visited an organic farmer of fruits and vegetables who makes and uses

compost tea.  We observed brewer sitting inside the greenhouse. The air temperature at 3 pm registered 110 degrees F.

What would you suppose this tea is doing to the plants?

I used one 350 watt aquarium heater which raised the water in our 250 g. plastic tank from 60 degrees F. to 68 degrees F. overnight. The rubber suction cups of the heater and its thermostat didn?t stick to the walls of the tank, but it really didn?t matter.  Water usually comes up 5 degrees colder from the well in the fall and winter. At that time we?ll use two heaters. We made 250 g. of ACT using the following:

20 ou.- powdered seaweed

5   ou.- liquid humic acid

90 ou.- molasses

32 ou.- Azomite

Just thought I?d pass along the latest message from a new fruit club member who used this batch of ACT.

Judi