RE: [compost_tea] vinegar addition

Yep, my notes say 3 tsp per 100 gal for each point adjustment needed. -Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Lowenfels [mailto:jeff@gardener.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 5:51 PM
To: compost_tea@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] vinegar addition

What is your water's pH?  There was a lot of discussion at the ICTC event that a pH of 7 is ideal.  Instead of vinegar, which, incidentally will kill microbes, use tang.....I think it was 3 teaspoon for each 1 point....but I don't have my notes here so hopefully someone will confirm.

Vinegar is a no no.

Jeff

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here