[compost_tea] Ceraels

Would you agree that 7,000 acres is large scale?

We use AACT on large scale farms.  And for less money than the toxic chemical approach.  You have to have someone dedicated to making GOOD tea.

It's do-able, people are doing it, and we are SIGNIFICANTLY reducing the cost of farming.

In grains, increases from 80 bu/ac to 140 bu/ac, if you do it right.

But it imeans testing to make sure you are making tea correctly.  If you just ASSUME you are getting fungi, lots of fungal diseases would like to prove to you that you messed up

Doc E.
I have said that I have great faith in AACT and would use in in a cereal  operation if still in the business.
I saw the devastating land degradation in the cereal growing areas in WE.&EM. Australia in the late 70's and this greatly improved over the years through Minimum  Cultivation and before the wider knowledge of AACT.
My concern is still how you control volunteers and weeds without too many cultivations to prevent sheet/wind erosion.
The GM R.up ready crops are frightening in the aspect of how to control the volunteers that are resistant to R.up that did enable Min. Cult.to save further degradation.
Your contribution to the immense amount of  research and  spread of knowledge of AACT is beyond question and recognised where ever CT is practiced.
'It's do-able, people are doing it'
I think that all of us who use AACT in our own small way, and some of us very isolated from the source of information are 'DO-ABLE PEOPLE' Not just the 7000a. people.!!

Bill H.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor