[compost_tea] Re: Testing tea has to be done properly.....

How is decanting a representative sample cheating? I'm clear on the
idea of "taking samples from the bottom", but have never heard anyone
suggest that technique would be anything but misrepresentation.
Perhaps the folks having trouble duplicating the results using the
same stuff are not following the manufacturers instructions and are
not being forthcoming about their brew techniques?

Tom Jaszewski

www.livesoil.com

702-595-7012

--- In compost_tea@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff@g...>
wrote:
> Folks, how are you taking samples for testing??????Some folks are
having trouble duplicating results using the same stuff.....

> The correct way is to get a REPRESENTATIVE tea  sample. You need to
keep the machine going,  take five or so small samples and that is
what gets tested.  If you are decanting the tea and taking samples
from the solids in the bottom, that is 'cheating' and gives
unrepresentational higher fungal numbers.....this is not the way to
go.

> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM