Re: [compost_tea] Simple CT maker

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:58:43 -0500

The article in Taunton's is not obsolete. It is a great system for the pers=
on new to the idea of making compost tea. Sure you could use a bigger pump.=
 And sure you could be concerned with the size of the bubbles. And then you=
 could buy a DO meter, and a fine temp gauge, and a Brix tester, and on and=
 on. But for the person just getting into aerobically active compost tea ma=
king, the simple set up described by Dr. Elaine is just fine!

Use a little bigger pump, play with inexpensive air stones, but let's not l=
ose the play involved here. From what I've been told by Dr. Larry Zibilski =
at the USDA Weslaco Research Station (the only USDA approved organic resear=
ch station), scientists have identified less than 5% of the total life in t=
he soil.

Do not scare people away by all the science! It is good, it is needed, but =
let's not get carried away by all the data.

Nature knows no data. And we are nowhere close to unraveling the "DNA" of t=
he soil........

Tell your sister to go with it and have fun...it is truly a learning proces=
s...

Steve Bridges
Kimas Tejas Nursery