Re: [compost_tea] Copper heating element

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dip coat 2 coats in Epoxy up to and include the fittings to the suspending cord. might work. Never turn it on unless submerged. It may still get so hot it destroys the Epoxy. Bob

Jason Austin <jason.austin_at_shaw.ca> wrote:The in-tank heating element for my brewer finally turned up - but with a
copper heating element. Copper, I understand from earlier postings is
toxic to bacteria.

Before I send it back and incur another two week wait, can anyone hazard
a guess if it would be OK to paint the element in a heat resistant paint
to cover the copper?

Thanks

Jason

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT