RE: [compost_tea] Re: Soak in a Bucket CT

From: Mike Bosko <mjbosko_at_jmtsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:32:38 -0700

Mike recalls "Rodale's Organic Gardening Magazine...always speaking of the
'soak in the bucket' (anaerobic) method." Are you surprised? He thinks
this is bad. I don't.

Hey Kirk, chill.

I don't recall saying anything about it being "bad". It is anaerobic, is it
not? Never said that was bad tho - just that it is what is often preached
in the magazine. I believe I said something to the matter of suggesting
someone write an article regarding AACT; The actively aerated alternative.
Adding food to the compost tea, aerating it to help grow even more anaerobic
microbes - In my opinion it does seem to be the better alternative -you get
more good stuff, from the same bucket.

I read the magazine, and still practice the bucket method, but was excited
to hear about growing even more 'good stuff' in the tea using the AACT
methods. I truly think that the readers of OG would be very interested in
learning about AACT as an alternative to the 'bucket tea' that I had
mentioned.

Did you happen to read further into my message? I question everything. I
try to make a stand for the common guy out here, not wanting to spend a
bunch of cash on making teas, wanting it to researched to make it more
simple and then, in turn, to get it in use more often. That goes for
Compost-anything.

-Mike