Re: [compost_tea] Mollasses?

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:40:39 -0800

Actually, I have to amend my statement about the use of Molasses if you alr=
eady have good fungal.

In my instance, no matter what the fungal numbers I develop, because I am u=
sing AH, there is always a high number of bacteria so the proportion is thr=
own off. Molasses at 5% will "reduce" the number of bacteria, thus enabling=
 a true Fungal tea instead of one high in both numbers. This can be a wonde=
rful "problem" when using Alaska Humus.

Cheers,

Jeff