[compost_tea] Re: antimicrobial hoses

From: irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:59:31 -0700

Following a suggestion from Leon Hussey we found great hoses at
Sears. Right now (in the Puget Sound area, at least) you can get a
50' black rubber hose on sale for $20. The fine print on the
packaging instructs you not to drink from the hose because bacteria
can build up inside it, but there are no scary words about
'substances known to the state of California to cause cancer'.

Alongside the rubber hoses is a pile of those aqua-green
known-to-cause-cancer-hoses-from-hell with a warning to wash your
hands after merely touching it!

I really worry about all the little kids who are running through
sprinklers on these hot summer days. : (

irene, outside of eatonville, wa where our CT'd broccoli is keeping
us busy blanching and freezing...

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM