[compost_tea] Re: Testing tea has to be done properly.....

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:17:41 -0000

---Great topic Jeff. I was wanting to ask some of these questions.

Maybe you need duplicates??????? Does anyone cool smpls before
shipment( like until shipment to SFI)? The dairy industry stores
micro (raw milk)samples on ice enroute to lab and micro samples must
be plated(tested) not later than 36 hours after collection......Of
course they have their way of doing things!!!!
     Has anyone taken samples before and after filters and/or nozzle
tips to determine effect of filters and tips? Dennis from the crusty
old food lab

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff_at_g...> wrote:
> Folks, how are you taking samples for testing??????Some folks are
having trouble duplicating results using the same stuff.....

> The correct way is to get a REPRESENTATIVE tea sample. You need to
keep the machine going, take five or so small samples and that is
what gets tested. If you are decanting the tea and taking samples
from the solids in the bottom, that is 'cheating' and gives
unrepresentational higher fungal numbers.....this is not the way to
go.

> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/0PSxlB/TM