[compost_tea] Re: Mesh & Microns - and poly questions

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:13:58 -0000

--- Alex, Did you subtract the diameter of the wires/poly? I have to
guess the #12 mesh screen I ordered from Banjo (mfr) is around 1000
to 1200 micron. Banjo does not give the opening of the #12 screen. I
am making the tea in the application tank and therefore use an in
line filter prior to the pump, pressure regulator and nozzles. My
nozzles are 1/16 inch (measured with a 1/16 drill bit). I think some
1/4 inch by 1/16 inch fungi will make it thru the #12 screen
provided it has a 1000 to 1200 micron opening and sprayer pressure is
low(I don't know how low). The reason for my concern is I have farm
ground (and perennials on non-farm ground)which has been tilled for
years and it probably needs fungi so I don't want it plugged in the
screen. Dennis Kemnitz

ReplayTV: CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!
Instant Replay & Pause live TV.
Special Sale: 50% off!