[compost_tea] Fall soil prep questions

From: irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:59:53 -0800

In spite of the record heat and dryth we've been enjoying (?) here in
the Pacific Northwest, the calendar says it's fall. That means that
it's time to think about fall soil prep.

I'd like to hear how other CT gardeners put their vegetable and
flower beds to bed for the winter.

What soil amendments do you add? In what order?

When do you spray CT for the 'last' time? Do you spray at all during
the winter?

Mulch? With what? CT before or after applying mulch, or both?

What about green manures? Do you spray them during the winter?

What can I do now (if anything) to prevent black spot on the roses next spring?

It's also compost pile building time. What do you add to the pile in
addition to the usual green and brown stuff? Kelp? Fish hydrolysate?

irene, whose CT'd garden has been incredibly healthy and productive
all summer...

"Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must first be
overcome."
--Samuel Johnson

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511