[compost_tea] Re: Re: Air pump selection & 5 gal brewer

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:30:53 -0700

Tom, Bob, et al -- I stand corrected and humbled. My faulty initial
calculations led me astray. .03cfm does seem not enough for 5 gallons;
.11cfm feasible. Jeff's asking how much air is enough is a question I'd
like to see discussed, as I think it's important. Biggest clue for me is
how much more air the little KIS uses, how well it tests out relative to
other machines, especially on fungal, and its 12-hour cycle.

I have a framework and method to suggest, with solid numbers:), if folks
want to discuss air/water volume dynamics. I would note that there's an
easier way to measure using Bob's method, simply by using a plastic bag of
known volume and timing how long it takes to fill, rather than removing it
and putting it in a measuring box. (Also, there's no way you're gonna keep
a 13 gal kitchen bag on the little KIS for a minute... the bag's gonna pop
in about 45 secs...:-)

-- Kirk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511