[compost_tea] Hey unvenezuelan, more bout my brewer.

From: J+K Delvas <greenthumbs_at_cheqnet.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:04:22 -0700

OK I screwed up about the out put of the pump. I had wrote that it was 3.25
lpm. It is actually CFM, sorry bout that.

The brand name is Whitewater. It is a cheaper linear air pump. It is
designed as an indoor pump. My brewer is in the garage so that works out
pretty well. It is model # LT24 in the aquatic eco-system catalog.

I added 12 ounces of humic and Kelp. Liquid fish was 4 ounces of organic
gem.

The mesh socks are 32 inches long and are 7 inches in diameter. Pore size is
300 microns.

I forgot to mention in the previous posting that I partitioned the socks
when adding the compost. I used cable ties. First I measured out 5 lbs of
compost, then divided it into 6 piles. I put one of the small piles in the
sock and then a cable tie around the sock. I used two bags, with 3
partitions in each. I left room for the compost to move around. I did the
partitioning so the compost would not pile up in the bottom of the sock. The
socks were hung from a piece of 1 inch that rested on the top of the barrel.

The brewer ran for 18 hours per batch.

John

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511