Re: [compost_tea] shipping samples to SFI

From: Autumn Scott <autumn_at_olympus.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:21:26 -0800

Dennis,
I agree with Steve that you should call SFI for more information. However,
since I just sent off a sample today, I thought I could give give you some
info to get you started. I send mine in a plastic 1-liter water bottle
filled half-full. (Bruce Elliott rec. rinsing the bottle with tea first.)
Place that it in a plastic bag in case it spills, and place it in a
cardboard box. If the weather is warm, add three small blue ice bags. I
send samples UPS next day air, and they get there within 24 hrs. or less
(your UPS time may be different) so I time my brewing to end shortly before
the UPS pickup. SFI accepts them Mon. through Thurs.; I think you have to
pay extra on a Fri. Make sure you download the proper paperwork forms to
fill out from the SFI website and include them with your sample. Good luck!
                         Autumn Scott

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511