Re: [compost_tea] Molasses

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:13:36 -0500

> What is the difference in cane, beet,and sorgum molasses in
> the use of compost tea?

You grow different sets of microorganisms with the different food resources.

I was just reading the latest Biocycle article about compost tea use at the Presido in San Fran. SFI got them started on doing compost tea, and they use a mix of molasses, kelp and humic acid in their tea. For those of you who want info on golf courses and use of compost tea, please give them a call!

But I did want to point out their use of molasses in their teas, and the benefits they have had from it.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY