Re: Fungicides, antibacterials (was --Re: [compost_tea] The toxic part of aloe)

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:28:16 -0500

Glad to know that EPM is still improving their tea maker. They test all the time with SFI, and other labs, so they are constantly looking at ways to improve their tea maker. I am impressed that Bruce Elliott has a continuing up-grade program. If the people who bought his brewers remain in contact with him, continue to interact in a friendly manner, Bruce imparts the upgrade news to his clients.

I know that Leon Hussy, Bob Norsen (we've all read Bob's learning curve information - he's very honest about what he is doing and how he is improving his machine. Kudos to Bob!) and WormGold (Carole Ann Rollins) have the same attitude about improvements.

Can't say the same about the other commercial tea machine makers, sadly. Their machines are set, they won't change the designs, even if someone points out, and at times proves, that there are problems. Why should they change? People will still buy their machines the way they are - they woulnd't make as much profit if they had to add something or change something on the machine now!

That attitude really bothers me. Especially with machines that have a couple million dollar advertising budget behind them.

Why change? Because people will find out that their machine needed improving, and they did nothing to improve it. Those people aren't here to help improve the world, they are just here to make money from, just to SELL something. They don't care that they harm other people, or give others a less-than-adequate product.

Well, all we can do is point out the problems, and caution folks to "buyer-beware."

And it is great to have this forum where these kinds of informative exchanges can occur. Thank you for your comments!

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY