[compost_tea] Re: tea grant

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:07:46 -0000

Dear Chris,
The only thing extra I have added to my bought brew recipe and
ingredients is black strapped un-sulfured molasses. In the fall I add
to the garden fish meal, kelp meal, bone meal, greensand, lime to
adjust Ph, gypsum to add calcium, 2 year old composted leaves, grass
clippings, horse and cow manure, some chicken and pigeon manure, straw
and hay. I also recycle the soil from my hanging baskets and
containers ( Sunshine#1 )These ingredients may vary from year to year.
Some years I add nothing but a little lime. Yes I till. I have
tremendous earthworm populations even though I still use some chemical
fertilzers.
I can have my soil looked at locally for about 35 dollars so that's
why most folks balk at 250 to 600 dollars. The money would be better
spent at home adding the above mentioned to your garden. I know I have
a very robust healthy food web in place in my garden because of the
hi_yields I get year after year even long before I tried CT. I just
think Brewers and Buyers need to beware of buying something they might
already have!! Take care hi-yield.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, chris reid <reidchris_at_e...> wrote:
> Okay, hi_yield, put your thinking cap on. You don't have to be the
only one
> that uses that tested tea. If you could get 3 other people to
share the
> costs with you, you could lower your costs by splitting them up via
> distributing to your group the tea you make and having them kick in
to pay
> for the experiment. That still means you need a brewer and
ingredients.

> If everyone is growing veggies, then everyone will want a similar
compost
> tea composition from the "needs for that type of plant" perspective.
 It's
> not possible to know from that whether people have wildly different
soil
> situations that would benefit from being addressed.
>
> But, as Elaine said, you may discover that your soil is in such
great shape
> that tea will only add incremental benefit.
>
> Oh, by the way, when you did apply that compost tea you bought, did
you put
> down any foods with it (like kelp, humic acid, or fish
hydrolysate)? I

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511