[compost_tea] Re: Hiyield

From: Linda <wormwomantwo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:35:34 -0000

Valued members,

So typical of groups and usenet, anonymous trolls everywhere!
HERE'S SOME COMMENTARY FROM MY ISP.

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

"What is a Troll? Top
An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the
Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and
upset people.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or
otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to
feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be
made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are
bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to
reminding others not to respond to trolls.

When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a
troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing
that trolls can't handle is being ignored.

Trolls crave attention, and they care not whether it is positive or
negative. They see the Internet as a mirror into which they can gaze
in narcissistic rapture.

Next time you are on a message board and you see a post by somebody
whom you think is a troll, and you feel you must reply, simply write
a follow-up message entitled "Troll Alert" and type only this:

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to
reminding others not to respond to trolls."

Linda

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "hi_yield1" <hi_yield1_at_y...>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511