[compost_tea] Opinion After 2 Years of ACT

From: dakesian1 <dakesian_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:26:57 -0000

Just wanted to let all of you regulars/rofessionals know that I've
been brewing ACT for two years now. I use the classic 5 gallon
bucket with a strong aquarium pump (i.e., rated for a 75 gallon
tank).

I buy good compost from a local feed store and/or Frank's Nursery.
The compost is pricey but good stuff.

Ingredients are basic with the exception that I now add bonemeal.
The bonemeal has increased foaming for me by quite a bit. Other
ingredients are molasses (one tablespoon), small handful of alfalfa
pellets, kelp and corn or crimped oats ground into a meal.
Sometimes I use liquified old fruit and fish emulsion.

I no longer have any diseases. Gone are: Powdery mildew, scab,
wilts and blights. Plant growth is the classic dense healthy growth
you experience with good organic practices. (All of my results are
anecdotal but I've been gardening long enough to know when something
works.)

ACT is by no means the only organic method I use but it has
certainly been a great addition to my overall organic gardening
techniques. I don't know if "techniques" is the correct term
because it connotates some degree of sophistication. Organic
gardening, once understood, is far simpler and easy to practice than
chemical gardening, albeit more physically demanding on your body
(i.e., it's good exercise).

As to all of your complaints of Hi-Yield: I don't think he is a
troll, he just hasn't been able to master the simple art of
producing ACT. Some people are lousy at fixing cars, etc. He
apparently doesn't have an aptitude for this type of thing.

Most of his comments appear to be "out of hand" but do appear
geniune. He just isn't able to produce good ACT apparently. That
shouldn't bother any of you professionals. You know how to produce
quality ACT. I would guess there are many more successful ACT
producers than you are aware of. It's a very easy procedure, so I
would assume that many people get the hang of it quite quickly. Hi-
Yield doesn't appear to be one of them. So be it.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511