Re: [compost_tea] starting out

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:05:49 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: mikfut
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 2:40 PM
  Subject: [compost_tea] starting out

  Just finished compost tea manual by EI and joind this group. . .
Mikfut:

It depends on how much you want to do for yourself. There are two or three=
 people on this list who make brewers of which I am one. Check out each. =
I sell brewers and plans. You can spend as little as $75 or as much as $40=
00 depending on the brewer you buy and the size. Ultimately, the supportin=
g documentation and customer support is important and I haven't read much "=
bad experience" from people but check the archives of the group and see if =
you can dig something up that I may have missed.

My largest 225G brewer sells for $1400 for the whole mess. They can be gan=
ged together to ultimately brew 1000G + (You can put any number of them onl=
ine at the same time depending on your air source if independent from the o=
ne provided with the brewer.) They are less if you buy the kit and less if=
 you supply your own container or pump or whatever. I show you where to ge=
t it. If you buy plans, I tell you where to get what I recommend but if yo=
u have better sources, use those. I am unsure what the others sell their's=
 for or how they break down but I'm sure it's competitive.

Elaine has not tested one of my units. She has tested other units on this =
list. I did have early tea SFI tested with very good bacterial count but l=
ow fungi count. I have since remedied that situation and changed my brewin=
g system.

I'm sure other manufacturers will provide you will info on their machines a=
nd processes. Examine each and jump in where you are compfortable.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth
ted.peterson_at_earth-wise.com
(805) 534-9605