Re: [compost_tea] Re: Recent posts

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:06:46 -0800 (PST)

Congratulations hi yield - you are certainly an expert in the baffling part. Bob

hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com> wrote:Margaret,
I agree that to many lab like limitations or strict requirments have
been put on making good compost tea. Creating an ideal environment in
brewer to mass multiply microbes that may or may not even exist in the
compost to begin with. Keep the brewing temp. just right, don't let
the
oxygen level drop below x amount, don't over feed or under feed the
microbes, bacteria vs fungi, do not use chlorinated water, keep out of
direct sunlight, no bio slime, do not use copper vessels, do not over
aggitate, do not use wrong size spray nozzel, may take years to
correct soil biology, no till, apply immediately before mass die off,
SFI testing to be considered legit and the list goes on. OK let's say
you have done all of the above and then some. It's time to apply!! You
now take this wonderful brew out of the Lab so to speak and introduce
it to an enviornment that is foreign to the one it came from. In an
organically enriched soil all players that you are trying to add
should already be present, furthermore in equilibrium. As soon as the
air pump is shut off the growth stops. What do you think happens in
the less than oxygenated soil? Massive die off. RED TIDE!! ANAEROBIC
conditions!! While the lab Techies may be able to look at identify and
classify all of these wonderful microbes. They DO NOT know all
players involved. In fact only a very small percentage. Nor is it
understood how they interact or what numbers are really needed. Like
the saying goes if I can't dazzel you with brillance I will baffle you
with bullshit. You will also find the most out spoken members of this
forum are those in the business. You would be better of adding your
compost directly to the soil and writing about that. I know, it's
nothing new and you can't make a name for yourself or win the Nobel
Peace Prize but it is tried and true. Working for you much longer than
any Artificially contrived Super Juice Tea. Take care and God Save The
Queen, Hi_Yield1.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Margaret Lauterbach